Monday, February 18, 2013

Simple Stroganoff

My hubby loves Beef Stroganoff but I hadn't attempted it since having kids  with food allergies. However, on this journey of menu planning I am trying to add some of his favorites back in, and this was given the thumbs up! It was also surprisingly simple to do :)

I threw some leftover roast (about 1/4 lb) in the food processor and pulsed to resemble ground beef

In a pan I melted a tablespoon of butter and added onion powder. Stir for about a minuet  Add in 2 tbsp of flour and stir for another minuet.

Add in 1 cup of rice milk stirring to prevent lumps. As the mixture thickens add in 1/2 of beef broth and 1/2c more of milk along with a pinch of nutmeg and a couple dashes of white pepper.

Stir and serve over brown rice fusilli noodles, cooked according to package directions.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment