Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hamming it up :)

My kids are into pork, we have recently done lots of sausage, ham and pork roasts. My son likes the salty flavors, my daughter enjoys the tender texture and my hubby and I are just enjoying the change from chicken.   This week I cooked a ham in the crock pot and will be using it several ways, but first the ham.

My kids love honey ham and there are two basic ways I make it. If we are just doing a small ham that will get eaten in 2 sittings then I pour honey over the ham and sprinkle it lightly with ground cloves and place it in the oven @350 for about 45 min.

For a larger ham that will be used in other meals I pull out my trust crock pot. I mix
1/3 Earth Balance spread (melted)
1/4c honey
1/3c brown sugar
sprinkle of ground cloves

and pour it over the ham in the crock pot. I cook it on low for 10 hours and it is just divine when its done!

We usually eat it with mashed potatoes and some veggies the first night and get the following meals out of the leftover meat.
British Meat pies
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

More on those later this week!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment